Bridgwater Town Council is responsible for the provision of a number of local services within the parish of Bridgwater.
- Ten allotment sites across Bridgwater – for more information Allotments – Bridgwater Town Council (bridgwater-tc.gov.uk)
- Bridgwater Town Hall. The Town Hall consists of a theatre, meeting rooms and offices. The theatre and meeting rooms are available for hire and offices available to rent. For more information Town Hall – Bridgwater Town Council (bridgwater-tc.gov.uk). The Council also owns three commercial units adjacent to the Town Hall, which are leased to tenants.
- Trinity Hall (on a long term lease to On Your Bike).
- Land adjacent to 13 Friarn Avenue -used as a community garden. Location for Civic Society blue plaque (Franciscan Friary).
- 14 Bus shelters around Bridgwater.
- Provides Somerset Council funding for Blake Gardens Toilets.
- Owns and operates Blake Museum and the Old Mill with the assistance of volunteers.
- Re Creation Community Hamp located at Rhode Lane, Hamp.
- Cemeteries at Quantock Road and Bristol Road.
- Hosting of Bridgwater Town Team.
- Creation and publication of various tourism leaflets and annual calendar.
- Provide grant funding to local organisations and community centres in Bridgwater.
- Comment on local planning applications
- Own and organise the Christmas lights in Bridgwater Town centre and organises the Christmas lights annual switch on and Christmas Market ‘Snowflakes’
- Liaise with local groups and other local authorities, such as the local police, neighbouring Parish Councils, and Somerset Council
- Look after the community’s interests generally, such as renewing the town signs