Bridgwater Town Council is responsible for the provision of a number of local services within the parish of Bridgwater.
- Ten allotment sites – administered by Bridgwater Allotment Tenants Association by way of a lease for more information (link to FAQs).
- Bridgwater Town Hall. The Town Hall consists of a theatre, meeting rooms and offices. The theatre and meeting rooms are available for hire and offices available to rent. The Council also owns three commercial units adjacent to the Town Hall, which are leased to tenants.
- Trinity Hall (on a long term lease to On Your Bike).
- Land adjacent to 13 Friarn Avenue -used as a community garden. Location for Civic Society blue plaque (Franciscan Friary).
- 14 Bus shelters around Bridgwater.
- Provides Sedgemoor District Council funding for additional street cleaning in Town Centre, Blake Gardens Toilets and for the provision of dog bins.
- Owns and operates Blake Museum and the Old Mill with the assistance of volunteers.
- Cemeteries at Quantock Road and Bristol Road.
- Key Partner in the Town Team.
- Creation and publication of Tourism Guide launched in 2019.
- Provide grant funding to local organisations and community centres in Bridgwater.
- Comment on local planning applications
- Own and organise the Christmas lights
- Liaise with local groups and other local authorities, such as the local police, neighbouring Parish Councils, the District Council and the County Council
- Look after the community’s interests generally, such as renewing the town signs